Terms of Services
As used herein, "Company", "Ourselves", "Frontier", and “We” refers to the Frontier Wallet and to its owners, operators, employees, directors, officers, agents, insurers, suppliers, and attorneys.
"Client", "Customer", "User", "You" and "Your" refers to you, including any person or a business entity whether any individual, firm, corporation etc.
"Party" refers to either You or Us, and "Parties" refers to You and Us collectively.
"Digital Currency" refers to cryptocurrencies, i.e., digital money,
"Rates" refer to the lending and borrowing rates, which are issued and usually controlled by its developers, and used and accepted among the members of a specific virtual community.
Modification of Terms
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Your continued use of the Frontier Wallet following any such modification constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
To be eligible to use Frontier Wallet:
- Age: To use a crypto wallet, you must be of legal age in your country or jurisdiction. In most cases, this means you must be at least 18 years old.
- Legal Status: You must be legally allowed to use a crypto wallet in your country or jurisdiction. Some countries or jurisdictions may restrict the use of cryptocurrency or crypto wallets.
- Technology Requirements: You must have access to a compatible device, such as a smartphone or computer, and an internet connection to use a crypto wallet.
- Compliance with Terms of Service: To use a crypto wallet, you must agree to the service provider's terms of service and comply with any rules and regulations set forth by the provider.
Frontier Wallet is a non-custodial wallet software/interface to store and manage digital assets such as Cryptocurrencies and NFTs. The software/interface lets you interact with blockchain-based or decentralized applications (dApps).
Non-custodial or self-custody means you control and are responsible for your Digital Assets (Crypto tokens & NFTs) and private keys or seed phrases. Accordingly, you can authorize transactions from your wallet address. You expressly acknowledge and agree that as Frontier Wallet is a non-custodial wallet software, you are solely responsible for your activity and any risk of loss.
Frontier Wallet offers these services via Frontier mobile apps available on the Apple App Store & Android google play store. Frontier is also available as a browser extension (Chrome & Brave) on the Chrome extension marketplace.
Frontier Wallet allows you to:
- Create/generate wallet addresses and associated private keys that you may use to send and receive digital assets on respective blockchains like Ethereum, Solana, Osmosis, and more; As of now, we support 35+ blockchains.
- Import existing seed phrase/private key of specific blockchains
- Browse and access third-party decentralized application(s) ("dApp(s)") and third-party decentralized exchanges ("DEX") through the mobile application's web browser and with a few integrated directly.
- You can also connect the Frontier browser extension to the third-party decentralized application(s) ("dApps(s)") and third-party decentralized exchanges ("DEX") accessible via web browsers on your desktop/laptop devices.
- Swap/trade digital assets through dApp functionality made available by the third-party service provider(s);
- Cross-chain Bridge/trade digital assets across blockchains through dApp functionality made available by the third-party service provider(s)
- Stake certain digital assets in a third-party 'proof of stake' network through staking services ("Staking Service");
- Lend, provide liquidity by the third-party service provider(s);
- Buy certain digital assets available in your residency country from a third-party service provider(s).
- View digital asset price information made available by the third-party service provider(s) and
- Broadcast Digital Asset Transaction data to various blockchains supported by Frontier Wallet without requiring you to download or install the associated blockchain-based software to your local device.
Wallet Public & Private Key and Backup
The private key or seed phrase is associated with the wallet address, and together, they can be used to authorize the transfer of Digital Assets to and from that wallet address. You are solely responsible for the retention and security of your private key and any mnemonic phrase ("Secret / Seed Phrase") associated with your Wallet. You must keep your wallet address, Secret Phrase, and private key access information secure. You must back up your private keys, backup phrases, or passwords. Failure to do so may result in losing control of Digital Assets associated with your Wallet. You acknowledge and agree that we do not receive or store your wallet password, encrypted private key, unencrypted private key, or Secret Phrase associated with your Wallet.
Suppose you have not safely stored a backup of any wallet address and private key pairs maintained in your Wallet. In that case, you accept and acknowledge that any Digital Assets you have associated with such wallet addresses will become inaccessible. Accordingly, we shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever if you cannot access your Wallet for any reason, including failing to keep your wallet address, Secret Phrase, and private key information secure.
Accessing DEX (Decentralized Exchanges) / Swap
If you access or use DEX, including, without limitation, dApp functionality embedded within the Services, such as the Trade/Swap Digital Assets function, you acknowledge and agree that:
- (i) Frontier Wallet is not responsible for your access or use of DEX and shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with your use of DEX, including, without limitation, any transactions you dispute;
- (ii) The limits of amounts that you may exchange via DEX per day shall be subject to any requirements of the third-party-developed Smart Contracts;
- (iii) Blockchain operations are irrevocable, meaning when you conduct any transactions via DEX, you shall be solely responsible for the consequences of any issues associated with such transactions, including, without limitation, your transfer to an incorrect address or problems related to the node servers selected by you;
- (iv) When you use DEX, third-party developed Smart Contracts may charge you handling fees and/or service fees, and any information displayed on Frontier Wallet relating to such fees are for your reference only as Frontier Wallet cannot and does not guarantee its accuracy, applicability, reliability, integrity or appropriateness, nor shall Frontier Wallet be liable for any loss or damage that may be caused directly or indirectly by your use of these contents; and
- (v) Frontier Wallet does not currently charge any service fees or handling fees for the use of dApps or DEX; however, at its discretion, Frontier Wallet may charge such fees at any time in the future. Any updated fees will apply to any transaction that occurs following the effective date of the revised fees.
Accessing Staking Service
Suppose you access or use the Staking Service. In that case, a third party may stake certain Digital Assets on your behalf ("Staked Digital Assets"), acting as a transaction validator on the applicable blockchain network. If a block of transactions is successfully validated using such Staked Digital Assets, that network grants a reward ("Staking Reward"). You acknowledge and agree that Frontier Wallet is not responsible for the following:
- Your use of the Staking Service shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with your use of the Staking Service.
- Ensuring Staking will occur continuously.
- Ensuring any particular Digital Asset will be staked or will continue to be staked.
Buy Crypto/Digital Assets via supported payment methods.
Use Frontier Wallet to purchase Digital Assets with your credit or debit card or the supported payment methods of the third party. A third party will convert your chosen amount into the applicable Digital Asset and credit it to your Wallet. You acknowledge and agree that:
- Frontier Wallet is not responsible for your use of such third party service and shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with your use of such service.
- You will be subject to any terms and conditions the relevant third-party service provider imposes.
- Frontier Wallet cannot change, withdraw or cancel any conversion requests you place.
- Frontier Wallet is not responsible for any exchange rates offered by the relevant third-party service provider(s).
- Frontier Wallet is not responsible for any fees charged by the relevant third-party service provider(s) or your bank or credit card issuer(s).
Crypto/Digital Asset Transactions
To complete all proposed Digital Asset transactions, they must be confirmed and recorded in the Digital Assets associated public blockchain. Such networks are decentralized, peer-to-peer networks supported by independent third parties, which we do not own, control, or operate. We have no control over the blockchain networks and cannot ensure that any transaction details you submit via our Services will be confirmed and processed. By using Frontier Wallet, you acknowledge and agree that:
- We cannot cancel or otherwise modify your transaction.
- The transaction details you submit may need to be completed or may be substantially delayed by the applicable blockchain networks.
- We do not store, send, or receive Digital Assets.
- Any transfer concerning any Digital Asset occurs on the relevant blockchain network and not on a network owned by us. Therefore we do not guarantee the transfer of title or right in any Digital Assets.
User-Provided Information Accuracy
You represent and warrant that any information you provide via the Services is accurate and complete. You accept and acknowledge that we are not responsible for any errors or omissions you make in connection with any Digital Asset transaction initiated via the Services. We strongly encourage you to review your transaction details carefully before transferring a Digital Asset.
Wallet Registration and Security
You must create or import an existing seed phrase to create a wallet using Frontier Wallet. When you create a wallet, you will be assigned a private key. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your private key or any other breach of security of your Wallet. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree to assume all risks related to using the Services. You shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your private key. When you create a wallet, you are strongly advised to take precautions to avoid losing access to and/or control over your Wallet.
Suggested measures include, but are not limited to, the following:
- (a) creating a strong, unique password that you do not use for any other purpose (i.e., different to your phone password or any other passwords you use for websites, online services, etc.) and leveraging biometric authentication if available;
- (b) do not store the private key and Secret Phrase in plain text online or in an unsecured physical location;
- (c) limiting access to your devices and your Wallet;
- (d) taking all necessary precautions against malware on your devices and networks; and
- (e) promptly notifying us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to your Wallet. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we shall have no liability regarding activities on your Wallet with or without your authorization.
Push / Web Notifications
You may agree to receive push notifications on mobile devices and web notifications on browser extension from Fronter Wallet. These notifications will alert you when blockchain networks supported by Frontier Wallet are congested and when transactions involving your Wallet have been completed. To receive push/web notifications, you must opt into the service by accessing "Settings" and enabling "Push/Web Notifications."
Payment and Fees
Fees apply to the Services or any component of the Services, if any, shall be set forth at Frontier.xyz and/or the Frontier Wallet mobile application. Frontier Wallet does not currently charge any service fees or handling fees for the use of dApps or services; however, Frontier Wallet may, at its discretion, charge such fees at any time in the future. Any updated fees will apply to any transaction that occurs following the effective date of the revised fees.
Transaction fees (e.g., mining fees) may be associated with your digital/virtual currency transactions required by the virtual currency system or blockchain network you engage with. You must ensure that you have an adequate balance in your Wallet and/or "gas" to complete transactions before initiating a transaction. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable for any failed transactions or losses you incur due to incorrectly set transaction fees (i.e., too low or too high) or insufficient funds or gas associated with your wallet address. You further acknowledge and agree that we cannot access your or anyone else's transactions.
It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you have submitted transaction details for via the Services. You are responsible for reporting and remitting the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. You agree that we are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transactions or for collecting, reporting, withholding, or remitting any taxes arising from any Digital Asset-related transactions.
Third-Party Services and Content
In no event shall a description or reference to a third party's product or service (including, but not limited to, providing a description or reference via hyperlink) be construed as an endorsement or promotion of such third-party products or services by us. We retain the exclusive right to add to, modify, or cancel the availability of any Third Party Service. You may agree to receive push notifications from Third Party Content providers. In order to receive push notifications, you must opt into the service. Push notifications for Third Party Content will not automatically be enabled on your device. We do not control, endorse, or adopt any Third Party Content shared through push notifications and will have no responsibility for Third Party Content, including, but not limited to, token availability and/or sales. Suppose to the extent permitted by Frontier Wallet, you grant express permission to a third party to access or connect to your Frontier Wallet account through the third party's product or service or through Frontier Wallet. In that case, you acknowledge that granting permission to a third party to take specific actions on your behalf does not relieve you of any of your responsibilities under these Terms. You are fully responsible for all acts or omissions of any third party with access to your Wallet.
The Frontier Wallet and all content and materials contained therein, including but not limited to software, code, logos, trademarks, and images, are the property of Ohana Labs Pte Ltd and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. Without our written consent, you may not reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use any content or materials from the Frontier Wallet.
You agree that you will not use the Frontier Wallet for any unlawful or fraudulent activity or in any manner that interferes with the operation of the Frontier Wallet. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines, including anti-money laundering and the prevention of terrorist financing.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Frontier Wallet is provided “as is” and “as available” without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. The Frontier Wallet does not warrant being uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. You acknowledge that your use of the Wallet is at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the Frontier Wallet, including but not limited to loss of profits, revenue, or data.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from your use of the Wallet, or from any breach of these Terms by you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any legal action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be brought in the state or federal courts located in Singapore, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to the Wallet and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and the Company. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable.
Any notices or other communications provided by us under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to it will be given by posting to the Services and/or through other electronic communication. You agree and consent to receive electronically all communications, agreements, documents, notices, and disclosures that we provide in connection with your account and your use of the Services.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions relating to these Terms, your rights and obligations arising from these Terms, and/or your use of Frontier Wallet and our Services or any other matter, please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 1st March 2023